The hotel is open. A number of new standards and initatives will be in place to ensure your safety.
How are we looking after the safety of our guests?
• All guests will be required to wear a face mask in the Pro Shop from Friday 24th July.
• Minimal Contact at reception including pre-payment for stays and contactless payment for extras.
• Perspex screens cover the Reception Desk and Bars
• Social distancing used throughout the areas that are open, including communication and signage to reinforce this message
• Hand Sanitiser in Key Locations
Are the food service areas open?
The clubhouse bar and lounge bar will be open from 4th July 2020 with both outdoor and indoor seating available. A more relaxed menu will be available with burgers, pies and salads as well as breakfast options. Open from 7am daily.
Our revised COVID-19 safe cleaning standards:
• Thorough deep clean and sanitisation completed before reopening
• Use of recognised chemical suppliers for chemical products and increased use of appropriate chemicals.
• Increased time allotted for cleaning allowing for a deeper clean.
• Disinfection of all touchpoints within areas that are open and disposable cloths used for cleaning purposes.
• Revised team training to educate and then refresher training continuing to the new standards that are required
• Increased cleaning in public toilet facilities and specifically on the high touch point areas that are used such as door handles and soap dispensers.
• Buggy cleaning is more frequent, and buggies are sanitised before every use.
• Increased cleaning on back of house areas
• Use of appropriate PPE to keep staff safe.
There will be a strict booking system in place. Members and hotel guests will need to book their gym and swim sessions in advance. The bookings will be taken one week in advance to begin with. We will only be open to members and hotel guests initially, but please check back for ongoing changes.
On arrival, please use the hand sanitiser and then sign in for your session at reception. Towels will not be available for use by members, please bring your own towel with you. The Gym will be separated from the swimming pool and showers and will be two separate activities. If you would like to book for the gym and have a swim, then two separate bookings will need to be made for these two areas. There is a maximum of two members from different households allowed into each area for each session. If there is a family looking to book a session this can be done but please make staff aware of the total number before arrival so that we can advise if it will be suitable for the area you are planning to book.
Gym sessions will start on the hour every hour from 7am with sessions running for 50 minutes in length with last session starting at 8pm and the gym closing at 9pm. Entry and exit is via the main Gym entry doors with Hand sanitiser available on exit. We ask that once your session is complete you vacate the gym with your belongings before the next session starts giving staff an opportunity to refresh the area ready for the next session. There will be two separate sets of machines allowing for two members to complete exercise socially distant from one another. The weights area has for the moment been removed until further notice. There will be disinfectant wipes available and we ask that these are utilised to clean the machines after you have used them. The Changing rooms in the gym will be locked so there will be no access to these. Please come gym ready, no towels will be made on arrival so bring your own with you. The water fountain will be in operation, but no glasses or cups will be available so bring your own water bottle that you can fill up.
Swim users are to enter through the designated swimming pool entry door. Please come swim ready so have your costume on and one bag can be brought in with a change of clothes and towel only. The swim sessions will begin every half hour with each member having access to the swimming pool for 25 minutes. The Sauna will remain closed until further notice. The water fountain will be in operation, but no glasses or cups will be available so bring your own water bottle that you can fill up. The Shower cubicles will be available for members to utilise to change out of their swimming costume. Please note that the shower cannot be used, signage will be in place reminding everyone that this is the case. Once you have changed then depart through the same entrance point that you arrived. There will be hand sanitiser available on the exit of this area.
The following rules and operational guidelines will be in force:
• Advanced tee booking procedures must be utilised by means of online bookings. Online Tee bookings will be open approximately 1 week in advance.
• Phone bookings will be taken from 7:40am until 6pm and full payment will be taken at the time of booking.
Golf Check In
Golfers must follow onsite controls when checking in to play golf.
• The pro shop is open and all golfers must check in at the pro shop before heading out on the golf course.
• At check in you will be advised of the time you can go through to the tee to begin playing golf.
• Golfers must arrive ready to play.
The Pro shop is open. We have the following procedures in place to ensure everyone’s safety that visits the pro shop:
• Sanitiser station at entrance, this to be used by everyone before entering the pro shop.
• One-way system of movement including two meters spacing to be adhered to.
• Maximum of 4 people within the shop at any one time. If more than this then, members are to begin queueing down the corridor with a 2 meter spacing to again be adhered to.
• Clothing ranges can be viewed, we cannot offer a service to try clothes on. If a garment is purchased and after trying it on at home and found that it is not the right fit then we will exchange for a different size in stock or a refund as long as all labels are still intact on the garment.
• Shoe sales - we have a range of shoes in stock and we have an area set aside for members and visitors to try new shoes on. If the fit is not correct, then we have process in place where the shoes will be quarantined for a period before being put back on sale.
• Golf clubs and putters will be out on the racks and can be viewed, if anybody would like to try out a club then please ask a member of staff for assistance. Please do not touch any clubs for sale unnecessarily.
• All surfaces will be sanitised frequently, and further hand sanitiser will be made available on the Pro Shop reception desk.
• Contactless payment or payment by card are the preferred methods of payment. Cash will continue to not be accepted.
• Due to the nature of the one-way system we ask that you only visit the shop to check in and purchase items only, it is not a point to meet and gather socially.
Who can play?
• Play is only possible up to as a four ball. Do not arrange to meet anyone else to play.
• At risk players (such as those over 70) may need to take extra measures to protect themselves such as use of their own PPE and disinfectant.
• The changing rooms and any other facility at the golf course will remain closed to players and visitors, with only toilet facilities available.
• There are no bins on the golf course, please can any rubbish be kept and be deposited into bins situated around the clubhouse after golf.
Is the Driving Range Open?
• Yes the driving range is now open.
The driving range will be open from 7:40am to 6pm daily. The new rates are:
25 Balls - £3.00
50 Balls - £5.00
Driving range ball are to be purchased from the Pro Shop, the vending machine will remain closed. If you are in possession of a vending card this can be brought to the shop and the vends taken form these cards. Please note there will be restrictions in place to make sure all golfers are continuing to follow the Governments advice around Covid-19:
• Maximum of 1 person per bay at any time.
• No sharing of baskets or range balls, this is to prevent contamination between the golfer.
• You must maintain social distance whilst using the driving range, each bay is appropriately spaced and will allow everyone to stay a minimum of 1 metre apart.
• All golf balls and baskets will be cleaned and sanitized for infection control purposes before being sold
Once you have finished your range session, please return the basket back to the Pro Shop so this can be cleaned and sanitized and made ready for another customer.
PLEASE NOTE – Golf balls and range baskets must not be taken off site, they are the property of Dale Hill and not the customer.
Note: Disinfectant is available in the Pro shop corridor outside the toilet facilities. We recommend all golfers to utilise this facility before and after their rounds of golf. This area is open with a one way system of movement, please adhere to this system and it is available from 7.40am until 6pm daily.